Sunday, September 4, 2011

Baby Taisley has Arrived!!

Our sweet baby girl finally arrived on August 25th at 7:36pm. She weighed in at 8 pounds 2 ounces and 21 3/4 inches long. We are just so in love with her!
 The delivery experience was a little stressful but we are so grateful that everything worked out so well in the end. Every time I had a contraction her heart rate would drop and take a while to come back up again. To make a long story short the Dr. and nurses explained to us that we were probably going to have to do a c-section and Trav had to get all scrubbed up and ready for the operating room. Needless to say I was an emotional wreck after discussing the matter with the doctor. But in the end all we cared about was getting Taisley here safe and it didn't matter which way it needed to happen. It's pretty amazing the unconditional love you feel for your baby before you even hold them in your arms. The doctor wanted to continue to wait it out and see how her heart rate continued to do throughout the contractions. We figured out that she did a little better if I was laying on my left side. So we waited and waited and waited until I was finally dilated to a 10 and we were ready to push. At this point I was so nervous because if her heart rate didn't do good in contractions than I thought for sure the pushing would make it worse. Surprisingly she did great with the pushing. We pushed for an hour and not once during that hour did her heart rate drop again. 
It was the most amazing experience, you cannot describe the feelings that come when they place your baby on your chest for the first time. Travis and I are so grateful that everything worked out so well and that she arrived here to us safely. 
It is a huge adjustment having a baby in your home. It is so exhausting trying to get the hang of breastfeeding and the constant feedings and sleepless nights but it is so worth it and I wouldn't trade it for the world. 
Travis and I love little Taisley so much!!! We want to thank all of our family and friends who have helped out so much, we love you and appreciate you! :)


This is the last prego picture taken at 40 weeks! She came 2 days late.

Our sweet baby girl. She looks just like her dad's baby picture!


This is her trademark position. Even in all of her ultrasounds she would always have her right fist up next to her face. 












4 comments:

  1. Trisha, she is beautiful! Congrats on such a sweet baby, I can't wait until I get to see her! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a baby?! She is beautiful, I can't wait to squeeze her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweetheart! isnt it the most amazing experience ever!? CONGRATS you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is a sweetheart and we can't wait to meet her! What a beautiful experience (I agree) when they place that baby on your chest for the first time... surreal to think that this is your own! We are so happy for the both of you and think she is adorable!

    ReplyDelete