As I said in my previous post, Cassie and Chris came to visit!! Luckily, we were able to do a lot of fun things before Sandy hit. We went to the Fire Island lighthouse on Robert Moses Beach and took turns watching Taisley while we climbed to the top, all 192 steps! The view was so gorgeous but I'm nervous to find out what it looks like after Sandy hit. So sad. We are still not allowed to drive across the bridge to see what is left of the beach. :(
Cass and Chris on the boardwalk to the lighthouse. There was so much more color than the last time we walked to it in September.
We stopped to take a quick walk on the beach before we left. Taise still loves the sand but she didn't eat this time!
I'm so glad Cass and Chris were able to go to the city one day by themselves because Chris had to catch an unexpected early flight home before the hurricane hit.
They saw WICKED on Broadway! They found these last minute tickets on the 3rd row for a great deal! So glad they saw it because it's awesome!!
We made it to another Pumpkin Patch/Petting Farm which Taisley loved of course.
Cass and Chris being good sports and entertaining Taise on the playground :)
The pigs there were huge and quite disgusting but they amused Taisley
Her favorite were the goats again because they talk to her :)
They had adorable little red wagons you could pull around the farm. In Taisley's class at the library they sing a song about 'bouncin up and down in my little red wagon' so I thought it was cute that she was really in one.
We bought tickets to this Jack O Lantern Blaze near Hudson Valley and it was awesome! It was over 5,000 jack o' lanterns made into all kinds of formations. We took a lot of pics but they don't do it justice.
Spider made out of jack o' lanterns
The blaze was awesome!
It took us an extra hour to get home due to construction at 10pm which was not awesome.
So before the Jack O' Lantern Blaze we went to dinner. It was a very small Mexican restaurant and there was only one other customer besides us. Well if you have a toddler you know going out to dinner isn't always a smooth ride. Taisley was getting fussy and the waitress was very friendly with her and picked her up out of her seat to hold her. So we got to enjoy our dinner while the waitress babysat behind us! (notice Taise in the background) That was definitely a first timer for us! Of course Taisley, being the friendly baby that she is, didn't hesitate at all. We made sure to leave her a good tip for babysitting! I wish this place was closer to us.
Chris was supposed to be in this picture too but he had to catch his flight home due to Sandy. Cass and I had tons of fun in the city...we took the ferry to Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, went to the 9/11 Memorial and also went to China Town. I really enjoyed all the "sister" time we had the following week since we were mostly stuck inside from the hurricane. I was so glad Cass was there with us!
I'm so glad their trip was mostly before the hurricane hit...we had such a blast with them! Love you guys!
How fun T!! I love these updates and I miss you and your cute family.
ReplyDelete